Friday, September 10, 2010

Reebok EasyToners Review

About a year or so ago, Sketchers decided to mass market these special shoes, designed to "...help burn more calories, tone muscles and more." I was interested I'll admit, except the design. They look like freakin' Moon Shoes! Eventually, Reebok developed a shoe of their own. One's that look like a normal pair of sneakers (at least from the sides). Oh, and...interesting commericals to boot*ie. Slightly objectifying, yes, but I forgave them. Heck, I even bought them.

I got my shoes about 3 or 4 months ago. When I first tried them on the first thing I noticed was how tall I felt with them on (which for me, is a good thing, being the shorty I am). Besides the height, they put sort of a "spring" in my step.

The first full day that I wore them, I found that my feet kept falling asleep. Whether I was just sitting at my desk, or walking around. My first reaction to that was "Wow, if this is how it's going to be from here out, I'm going to have to return these." But I stuck it out, and gave it the benefit of the doubt. After the first few days, this was no longer an issue.

Personally, I love my shoes. Since then, I wear them quite frequently, although not everyday. They're very comfortable, so I'm able to wear them for long periods of time. These were actually my primary sneaker when I went on vacation to Walt Disney World. I'll go ahead and admit that this spring/summer I haven't been sticking to my normal workout routine, but with the shoes, I've been able to maintain most of the definition in my calfs and my ahem, rear has been looking a little more lifted regardless; which frankly, I was not only surprised, but pretty happy as well.

One thing to keep in mind if you decide to purchase these shoes, is size. They pretty much run true to size. I have wide feet, so in the standard style I wear a 1/2 size larger (size 9) to make up for the difference. HOWEVER, the styles with all-leather uppers run a little wider; so I was able to wear them in my normal 8 1/2.

Does anyone else want to share their experience with these shoes? We want to hear the good and the bad, so please feel free to leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment